Monday, March 19, 2012

Black Breath - Sentenced To Life (2012)


Here it fucking is, without a doubt, a contender for any respectable year end list, Sentenced To Life. Bands like Black Breath, Proclamation, Pallbearer, Lunar Aurora, Rituals to name a few are  releases that have you thinking year end list 2012. Albums so good they cement their way into these premeditated lists much too early. I like to jump the gun with these things, so I will go ahead and say this will be in my top 5 tier of 2012!

•  •  •

It is the empty yawning hood, a robust and girthy album that has no interest being pigeon holed. The heavy parts weigh a ton and the fast parts fit in nicely within crusty d-beat, I think of the drumming on Trap Them's Darker Handcraft. Nothing dull on this record, I listened to it 4 times in a row after downloading it. I never do that.

Grab if you like: Trap Them, Entombed, Funerot

Sentenced To Life

2 comments:

Let me know you're here…