Friday, December 23, 2011

(R.I.P. David Gold) Woods of Ypres - The Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues (2007)

R.I.P. you brilliant motherfucker. (UNREST)


David Gold, driving force and mind of Wood of Ypres passed away last night (December 22) in a car accident hours away from where I am typing this shit-hole out (Barrie, Ontario). Not the best text message to wake up to in the morning, hearing about it from a close friend.
I had discussed having an interview with Mr. Gold only about a week ago, and I was eerily listening to The Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues while out for a run the day he passed away. I remember thinking to myself 'Hey you know what, the fuck is wrong with me? I haven't yet posted this brilliant album on my blog for the Severed Head legion scum to check out, I'll do that later tonight'. Though I never got around to it, because I was watching Game of Thrones instead like a true fucking dicksmith.

If I was a believer in anything, I would say a part of me knew this was coming. But let's be real here, I didn't. The world just decided to swallow a more undeserving humanoid than those bile human beings who shove glass vases up their asses until bloody rectum ensues. 
This dude was a passionate and patriotic Canadian with a genuine passion for all things music, if someone ever made me stop and think "Living in the Northern Cold does kind of fucking rule!", it was this man. I do recall having a conversation with him one night while he was in Kuwait about a local beer we both loved by the name of 'Steam Whistle', I was joking about doing a 'Steam Whistle' Woods of Ypres t-shirt design. Fuck.

 

Here it is, oozing in patriotic glory, The Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues. If you don't like it, I don't even want to hear about it. Better yet, never come back around these here parts, your kind isn't welcome here.

1 comment:

Let me know you're here…