Monday, February 18, 2013

NAILS - Abandon All Life (2013)


Fucking NAILS man… I'd say they nailed it, but that's a pun too bold for me. Abandon All Life does succeed in pummeling you senseless for the better part of 17 minutes though, and this time expect a more well-rounded cohesive sound while delving further into chunky doom elements. Many will sing their high praises from mountaintops this year, splooging an uncanny amount of love for Abandon All Life, most likely penning them in their top 5 for 2013 already.

It's good, really fucking good, but it's so simple in its attack plan; A torrential downpour of fast and furious vitriolic hardcore. If I'm going to stand on any mountaintops and shout my appraisal, it had better contain more breadth and I'd better be on fucking top of Patagonia.

Kurt Ballou's trademark sound is all over this beast, it sounds nice and crunchy, but will we ever tire of this sound? Maybe, maybe not. Howbeit, I'm sure Abandon All Life will receive my attention when I'm looking to punch shit.

Abandon All Hope Life (Zippyshare) LINK REMOVED due to complaint

17 comments:

  1. yea i think its awesome....you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already gone ahead and penciled it in as my favorite album of 2013… I hope something comes along that can top it though.

      Delete
  2. Aw shit yea, grabbing this one immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll definitely want to get your hands on the new Defeated Sanity as well.

      Delete
    2. Son of a bitch, I just saw your post for them. I didn't even know Wormed had a new one in the works, which gets me all hot and bothered just thinking about it. Dammit, I really gotta start keeping up. Fuck it, I'm buying the Defeated Sanity without having listened, if it pummels like you say, well worth it!

      Delete
  3. Funny you should throw Dark Throne in there; an old band that is full of surprises, when Nails is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, Darkthrone may have more tricks up their sleeves than a warlock, but I'm never worried about being let down. Fenriz and Nocturno know music better than most.

      Stumbled on any new gems BK?

      Delete
  4. Def gonna be up there. Think the new voivod is great as well. And I'm sure you've heard the latest Portal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also latest iron Reagan, kongh, head of the demon and primitive man are all awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rad, point me in the direction of the new Iron Reagan!

      Delete
  6. http://getmetal.org/hardcore/31955-iron-reagan-worse-than-dead-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That short melodic riff on "the ones you left behind" is fn awesome and infectious. Reminds me of fugazi or the theme to kids in the hall or somethin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iron Reagan are a whos who of crap bands
    making more below stock musical fodder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Link is broken :/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're here…