Sunday, September 2, 2012

Planks - Funeral Mouth (2012)


I'm seeing this being labelled as death/black metal everywhere, I'm not one to meticulously genre nit-pick, but that doesn't fit what's going on here, I'll fly my own banner and say it has the aforementioned blended in to its sound, but I'm hearing a more down-tempo sludge with a crusty… ugh, fuck this. I'm nit-picking again.

I'm only 7 tracks in as I post this, and I'll be honest, I'm not even sure I like it yet, so far it has had its moments that had my attention and moments where it was just background noise. I can't give this my stamp of approval yet, but since I liked what they offered in 2010 with The Darkest of Grays I will give them the benefit of the doubt and also give you guys the chance to decide for yourselves… much earlier than it's release date which is set in mid October, whoops.

Funeral Mouth (Zippyshare)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…