Thursday, July 9, 2020

Murderer - I Did It All For You (2018)


•  †  •

This sucker is a couple of years old but I only just stumbled onto it the other day by complete accident and I'm floored by it. This is one of those records that sound ahead of its time, which is likely a hyperbolic statement, but this is why I write on this blog and not you, because I get to say whatever I want, and you get to roll your eyes or whatever it is you do – If that sentence had its own chapter, it would be titled "Attitude dude."

•  Ω  •

A seedy New York three-piece fronted by Hank Wood of Hank Wood & The Hammerheads and the festering energy they are known for is obvious on 'I Did It All For You', an atmosphere conquered by fuzzy guitar tones and grooves that pack force like a kicking mule. It's super jangly and weird, and features four-different takes on the same track called 'Perfect' which I should hate, but I really couldn't and I really don't. This album succeeds at everything it's been doing and if you don't like it, well that's just like, your opinion, man. Keep cool.


I Did It All For You (bandcamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…