Saturday, July 24, 2021

Big Brave - Vital (2021)



•  †  •

This monolithic slab of drone came out a mini aeon ago and for some reason I have been sleeping on its dedicated post. It was never not going to be posted here. I have listened to this record a lot… It's a hefty listen, permeated throughout is Big Brave's signature lofty guitar chords buzzing around in a trance like state as reverb and feedback collide into each other creating waves of mollifying noise modus operandi. If you're at all familiar with Big Brave, which you should be, then you know what to expect in Robin's inspired vocal croon—Incantation like, ritualistic and poignant with a whole heap of heft and energy behind it. Still on Southern Lord after all these years too, I like it.

Big Brave - Vital (2021)

2 comments:

  1. Glad this place is still around, been so many moons since I stopped by, how's life been treating ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still plodding away at the keyboard with just as much inconsistency as before, albeit without your chiming in on what death metal records I should be checking out. Shows back on in Kentucky?

      Delete

Let me know you're here…