Saturday, February 22, 2020

Raspberry Bulbs - Before the Age of Mirrors (2020)



•  †  •

Raspberry Bulbs have been quietly lurking around for over a decade dishing out a venomous mix of black metal and lo-fi punk with a considerable amount of grime gunked up between each riff and a penchant for the colour pink, which is of no consequence or importance, I just wanted to prove I'm not colourblind. On their 4th LP, the band sell their souls to Relapse Records (who with full credit to them has made major improvements from their earlier days) which for whatever reason I find daunting when it comes to anything that thrives off a raw and DIY aesthetic, but I don't want to be a defeatist and besides I'm liking what I'm hearing out of 'Before The Age of Mirrors'. More of the same, a ratty marriage of black metal and punk curtained in filth as you would expect from Bone Awl's Marco del Rio. HARK!

Raspberry Bulbs - Before The Age of Mirrors (bandcamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…