Friday, January 19, 2018

Verheerer - Maltrér (2018)



•  †  •

Black metal played in a less than puritan fashion; recorded with real microphones and in a recording studio. Also there are a swath of catchy hooks and a myriad of tempo changes that purists should scoff at in contempt. And, it's blood is not real Norwegian blood! Instead the veins of this band are filled with something other than Scandinavian dynasty. German to be exact. I really wish Lunar Aurora was still a band.

•  ¥  •

I've only listened through a couple songs from Maltrér, and I haven't necessarily been moved one way or another, which lends me to think I might not become gripped, but since it's being released on Vendetta, whom I respect (especially the earlier catalog), I'll give it a mention.

Maltrér (bandcamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…