Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Yellow Eyes - Immersion Trench Reverie (2017)


•  †  •

In order to be more consistent with my posts I am going to forfeit my nature to be a dummy idiot that is overly pertinent and pedantic and just get to simplifying the post at hand. Here it goes.

This is Yellow Eyes, they come from New York and they play a very unique style of black metal that, like most black metal, is of a different cloth than its progenitors, and like a lot of other unique black metal, it works well. Woe to the purists. I have been listening fondly to Yellow Eyes since they put out Silence Threads The Evening Cloth, and I remember one particular riff from the title track song  (right at the 02:00 minute mark in the song) would get lodged in my head with a unknown ancestral potency to me, until I finally realized it shared the exact melody to a old Hungarian song that I was forced to sit through at church in my tortured youth.

I'll summate. Yellow Eyes don't churn out cold and grim black metal, instead the tone is that of warmth but still bleak and all for nothing. Join the void.

Immersion Trench Reverie (bandcamp) digital $6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…