Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mumakil - Flies Will Starve (2013)



Mumakil (moom-a-keel) consider their music "blastcore", which is as fitting as it is fucking stupid. Gravity blasts and blast beats don't cause for pioneering another genre, so fucking what. "Nintendo-core" was stupid then and is sure as shit stupid now. Anal Cunt didn't profile their music under the moniker of "banging out heroine, getting blowies and stealing riffs - core", even though they were fucking qualified… Come to think of it, "Anal Cunt - core" is probably fairly accurate anyway.

I digress, besides genre inventing I have nothing but good things to say about Flies Will Starve, just as I did about Behold The Failure. The formula is simple, fast fucking tunes surrounded by a barrage of blasts, buzz-saw guitar work and vocals that your dad would fucking hate.

Pick this up. I have a pretty hefty queue of new and exciting tunes to bring to this blog so stick around, or not, but stick around because this blog will be fresher than your grandma's freshly douched… Just stick around fellas.

Eat shit.

Sincerely,


Chris D'Alessandro

PS; Flies Will Starve (Zippyshare)

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Behold the Failure, gonna check this out. I've been listening to Age of Taurus long enough now, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've been wanting to put the new Age of Taurus up for a long while, been swamped in other shit to every get to it though. New Yellow Eyes though!

      Delete
  2. Hell yeah, didn't even realize they had a new release. Four bucks on Bandcamp, I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you mind fixing the link please? It says File not found...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're here…